Skip to main content
hyi
Banner
banner
bn

Food web structure and contaminant movement

The objective of this project is to find out how mercury moves   through the food web.  Most of the work to date has been carried out   on inland lakes throughout Ontario, though this project has   conducted tests in Lake Huron, Lake Ontario and Lake Erie.  85% of   the funding has gone to testing inland lakes, while the remaining   15% has gone to testing the Great Lakes.    (toxic metal); (toxic metals); (mercury); (Hg); (methylmercury);   (chemical of concern); (chemicals of concern); (Lake Erie); (Lake   Huron); (Lake Ontario); (contaminant); (contaminants)

Status
In progress
Type
Project
Start Date
End Date
Researchers
Tom JohnstonPrincipal Investigator
Associated with 1 projects
Agencies

Funding 9 projects for a total of $50,000.00
Department of Fisheries and Oceans $ 1,500.00USDEstimates

Funding 1 projects for a total of $1,500.00

Funding 5 projects for a total of $165,802.00
Scope of Study
Field Investigation
Scale of Phenomena
Biochemical
Physical/Chemical
Impact of Pollutants
Toxic Metals
Resource Management
Fisheries
Wildlife
Lake Basin Connecting Channels
Lake Erie
Lake Huron
Lake Ontario
Out of Basin
State Province
Ontario
Resource Being Monitored
Fisheries
Habitat
Wildlife
Beneficial Use Impairment Assessments
Tainting of Fish and Wildlife Populations
Annex Numbers
Persistent Toxic Substances
Remedial Action Plans and Lakewide Management Plans
Research & Development
Specific Objectives for toxic substances and effluents
Annex 17
Mass transfer of pollutants between GL Basin Ecosystem components
Physical and transformational processes affecting delivery of pollutants
General
Monitoring
Annex
  • Annex Numbers
    Annex Numbers
    Persistent Toxic Substances
    Remedial Action Plans and Lakewide Management Plans
    Research & Development
    Specific Objectives for toxic substances and effluents
  • Annex 17
    Annex 17
    Mass transfer of pollutants between GL Basin Ecosystem components
    Physical and transformational processes affecting delivery of pollutants

The Great Lakes - St. Lawrence Research Inventory is an
interactive, Internet-based, searchable database created as a tool to collect and disseminate
up-to-date information about research projects in the
Great Lakes - St. Lawrence Region.